Update on the OverDrive & Libby apps
Attention, OverDrive app users!
OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDrive app in early 2023 and transitioning users to the Libby app. Libby is OverDrive’s newer app for browsing and enjoying digital content from our library.
It’s time to give Libby a try! All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card.
Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Customizable notifications for ready holds
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
- Easy access to OverDrive support staff
Learn more here.
Note: Our library’s digital collection will continue to be available at https://***.overdrive.com on desktop and mobile devices.
Ebooks & Audiobooks
- LibbyAudiobooks and eBooks using the Libby app are available for patrons to download at
Simply click on the “sign in” link at the top right on their homepage, select “Shrewsbury Library” from the menu that appears, and enter your library card barcode in the user field and the last four digits of the barcode as the password.
Trustees and volunteers will still use their current password
- Instructions or help on how to borrow, listen or return audiobooks
- Instructions or help with ebooks
- At the bottom of the GMLC OverDrive homepage, there are links to help and applications required to download to your device. We recommend downloading the Libby app. If you need additional help in navigating, this brochure may help: Libby booklet